Skip to main content

JJ's YEAR OF DESTINY- DAY 1 #LonelygirlJJ

The more people there are- the lonelier it gets."
-jj thames.

Have you ever been in a room full of people, and felt all alone? It happens to me all the time. More now, than ever. Its not because of my recent break up, either. Its this consistent position of "not fitting in"..."not being part of the group"...Being the odd man out. It's the life of a leader. We aren't "fitter-inners"...we are "trend-setters", "visionaries" and "trail-blazers" who are largely misunderstood, feared, taken advantage of, hated, despised, used, and disregarded as, "dreamers", "crazy", "eclectic", or "extra".

I am a leader, always have been- and I have come to realize that there are many of us who want to be leaders...but, don't want to pay the price. Leaders who are truly leading, typically are taking people where they are not and often to where they've never been before. This tends to be an unpopular notion-against the grain. "outlandish", ridiculed, laughed at (not with, as one would prefer), "weird", and sometimes incites fear- which incites anger and persecution.

The adage, "It's lonely at the top", is very true. Most often, people don't understand you, your vision, your thinking, your direction, your gifts, callings, or talents. Then, they have no desire to walk with you during the journey...but, they'll be back again- once success comes. (and it will- if you are diligent, disciplined, and consistent on your journey, and in your message.) That sometimes can leave a kinda sour taste in your mouth...like, "oh! so, you can't be there when I needed someone to support me, and encourage me during the journey, but...you want to take part of the success??"...yep. that's how it goes...

As a leader, people just wont get it. they will leave you all alone in your darkest hour, and will return when the sun cant help but shine down on you, and blessings are overflowing you. Everybody wants to be part of a successful career, business, story..etc. So get over it. You want to be great? Its going to be lonely. Its going to be hard work. There will be heartbreak. There will be that person who talked about you, told everybody you would never make it, "who do you think you are??"...etc. etc. that will then make it their business to tell the whole world when everything comes full circle...that they practically made you...and that they always knew that you would be a GREAT success...shrug* Its all just part of it.

Comfort zones have never produced anything great and powerful.

The price of the anointing (God on flesh doing those things that flesh cannot do- God doing through people like us, what we couldn't do on our own) is always brokenness and loneliness. It is the anointing that changes people's lives, and destroys the yoke of oppression of the enemy from around our necks. (Isaiah 10:27) Just as the word Christ is not just another name for Jesus but is defined as “the Anointed One,” Christians means more than just followers of Jesus. It means “the anointeds.”

If you are “in Christ,” there is an anointing for everything you are called to do, no matter how small or how great the task. That’s why the Apostle Paul could say, “I can do all things through Christ (the Anointed and His Anointing) which strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13).

More than anything...I want to do and be EVERYTHING God has called me to be, and for His anointing on my life, my voice, my writings... to be what He uses to set captives free. I've run away from that calling time and time again throughout my life...I'm done running away from it..I'm done trying to find and surrounding myself with someone(s) and/or something(s) to ease the "aloneness" and the "un-fitting-in-ness". I'm done trying to drag everybody with me into the promise land that I see in my mind's eye, trying desperately to convince them that its just over yonder-encouraging them to just come with me...build with me, share in my dream- While they secretly make plans to beat me, handle and manipulate me, snatch my coat of favor (my connections, ideas, resources, and experience)  and throw me in a ditch to die. Instead, I embrace the loneliness, brokenness, rejection, and discomfort that come with being a leader. No more distractions, If I must...I choose to walk alone. I am anointed to do this. I will do this. If everyone else forsakes me...God never will.

“Don’t be afraid, I’ve redeemed you.
I’ve called your name. You’re mine.
When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you.
When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you’re between a rock and a hard place,
it won’t be a dead end—
Because I am God, your personal God,
The Holy of Israel, your Savior.
I paid a huge price for you:
all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in!
That’s how much you mean to me!
That’s how much I love you!
I’d sell off the whole world to get you back,
trade the creation just for you.
“So don’t be afraid: I’m with you." Isaiah 43:1-5 (MSG)

#newbeginnings #leadership #destinycalls #happygirljj #iwillnotbemoved #eyeswideopen #lessonlearned #growth #refinement #goodmorning #lonely #newrecord2016 #newbook2016


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year to ME! (Yes, I know that it's November...Don't judge me, you don't know my life)

"Because true belonging only happens when we present our authentic, imperfect selves to the world, our sense of belonging can never be greater than our level of self-acceptance. "  -Brene' Brown As you know (If you've been on this blogging journey with me for a while) November is when MY new year starts for some reason...I think it may have something to do with my biorhythms or something...but, major life changes ALWAYS happen for me starting in November. (I just moved back to NYC November 1st...this was not planned...I just happened to have a show here, and thought it would be a good time to do so...) So, although I know that we are 10 days into my New Year...this is day one of a new chapter in my blog (don't judge me, you don't know my life!) ... if you are new...welcome...fasten your seat belt, and enjoy the ride...I'll bring ya back! If you have been ridin' with me...lol...I hope you're not car sick...cuz, we are about to turn up t

Jj's Year of Coming of Age: Day 178- Spillin' Tea- Cussin Mad...And Tryin' To Forgive...

"I used to think that the worst thing in life  to end up alone.   It's not... The worst thing in life  is to end up with people  who make you feel alone. " -Robin Williams Pictured above...2013...My son Israel and I in our new home after 31/2 years of on again, off again homelessness. We were pretty stoked. Right now is truly one of the best times of my life...go figure. FINALLY...after all of the hurting, pain. suffering...sacrificing, fighting, surviving... darkness, confusion, fear...shame, depression, and loneliness...My dreams...my vision of what my life was always supposed to be, even as a little girl- is materializing and indubitably coming to pass. And while I should be over the moon- flipping cartwheels, not caring if the world sees my panty drawers, and skipping around singing the smurf song...happy as a pig in fresh poo...I'm not... Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful...beyond grateful...honored...humbled, and not taki

Jj's Year of Coming Of Age: Day 152- Spillin' the Tea -Part 3- Chronicles of the Sidechick Wife...Not a Typo.

livid, adj . [Screw] you for cheating on me. [Screw] you for reducing it to the word cheating. As if this were a card game, and you sneaked a look at my hand. Who came up with the term cheating , anyway? A cheater, I imagine. Someone who thought liar was too harsh. Someone who thought devastator was too emotional. The same person who thought, oops, he's gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar . [Screw] you. This isn't about slipping yourself an extra twenty dollars of Monopoly money. These are our lives. You went and broke our lives. You are so much worse than a cheater. You killed something. And you killed it when its back was turned" -David Levithan, The Lover's Dictionary I'm gonna get back to my Asperger's list tomorrow...but, I had something really interesting happen today...and I want to talk to ya'll about it... I've got a question for you... "Would you stay with your man if he cheated on you, and a baby was conce