Skip to main content

JJ's YEAR OF DESTINY- DAY 2- Moment By Moment




"Live one moment at a time...
sometimes a day is still just too long" 
-jj thames.
Today is the day that I took a step back, and said... "Whoa...Lord...do you know how long a year is?? That's...365 days!! 8,760 hours!! That's...that's...525,600 minutes!! 31,536,000 seconds!! and a bazillion, gagillion, moments!! Oh Lawd! What have I done??" I began to feel myself get light headed as I fanned myself, and instantly spiraled into loneliness, and despair...and kicked myself for making the lofty commitment. (Really felt like punching myself in the face) "Fix it Jesus!" is what I whispered maybe 8 or 9 times under my breath- but nothing changed. I had wrote it down, told my accountability partners...and made the promise to God. I'm stuck, and felt like throwing an all out 2-year-old-I'ma-embarrass-my-mama-in-the-store-fall-down-on-the-floor-knockin-stuff-offa-shelves-everybody-looking-at-her-like-you-need-to-whoop-your-child-TODAY-temper-tantrum.
I almost felt like I could sense the Creator of the Universe's amusement. (I don't know about you, but I feel that God laughs at me all the time. Not in a menacing way...but, lets just say- He knows His child...and I'm a whole entire mess when I wanna be.) In my gung-ho "come to Jesus" meeting a couple of days ago...I decided that I have tried my way (in many different versions)...over, and over, and over and over again...shrug* it always turns out as a bust. so...I'm ready to completely sell all the way out. Give myself away, so He can use me...and hopefully at some juncture- I'll get to be Mrs. "somebody" again. Now here I am, fully committed on day 2...and I almost had a panic attack.
What commitment??? I can hear the collective mind asking...I don't want to say...because then, I am further responsible and accountable to my word.
But, I must say...for that very reason. I won't make it, if I don't. Know thyself, and to thineself...be true. If I don't live it out loud...It won't be lived. Trust me on that one.
I have committed to being:
Single, dateless, and celibate for the next year.
FOCUSING ON:
1.) My spiritual growth- Deepening my relationship and complete dependency on God- operating in RADICAL obedience,and trusting God for EVERYTHING!
2.) My healing (mentally and emotionally)...Going through and coming out of the death of a marriage...happy, healthy and whole. Giving myself permission to hurt, grieve and heal.
3.) My children...they are only young once...My family...love them, appreciate them, spend time with them while they are here.
3.) Becoming completely and totally financially INDEPENDENT. Not just solvent...but, going from stability to complete affluent wealth...abundance- being runover with blessings and actively and consistently blessing others. owing NO MAN anything but to love him. It's not enough just to have enough for me and mine...but, to be able to sow RADICAL seeds into peoples lives, and their dreams.
4.) My career...Its my season to go to a new dynamic level. (I CANT WAIT for ya'll to hear this record!) Grammy's, BILLBOARD (higher than number 4 on the blues chart, and have another (or two or three) number 1 single (s)), a million hits plus on a music video, full blown international tours, mainstream media coverage, Jimmy Kimmell, Jimmy Fallon...etc.
5.) Finish one of my THREE books...and release it.
6.) Finish rehabbing my house...and own 6 more by this time next year.
7.) Lose the rest of the weight I want to lose...I'm 50 lbs. down...got some more I want GONE! Not just to "look" a certain way...(which I do want to do that too.) but, I don't want to attain all of my goals, and cant enjoy it, because I am sick. I will live a long healthy life.
8.) My friendships, and church family...No man's an island. My friends keep me grounded and centered. No matter how "big time" or "Hollywood" I become...they always keep me connected, (I have a tendency to isolate) balanced, prayed up, focused, and uplifted.
Sex, and romantic relationships don't fit anywhere in all that I have to do, and am working to do and become in the next 12 months. We really cannot give out of an empty vessel. We must be filled first, and I am going to allow God to do just that by giving Him my all. I am nervous (I always am in a relationship- I think they call it serial monogamy- no men for A WHOLE YEAR??? sheesh!)?...kinda peturbed (I know its what I'm supposed to be doing...but, I cant help but to ask, why it gotta take ALL this? I think He's laughing again)...and all out EXCITED about this journey (I can see the end result...a beautiful, confident, healthy, wealthy, happy and whole woman that will be able to freely give to others- It's totally worth it!). I invite you to come along with me...I have a feeling that it's gonna be an interesting ride. Biting nails* (not really. smile emoticon ) well here we go...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jj's Year of Coming Of Age: Day 152- Spillin' the Tea -Part 3- Chronicles of the Sidechick Wife...Not a Typo.

livid, adj . [Screw] you for cheating on me. [Screw] you for reducing it to the word cheating. As if this were a card game, and you sneaked a look at my hand. Who came up with the term cheating , anyway? A cheater, I imagine. Someone who thought liar was too harsh. Someone who thought devastator was too emotional. The same person who thought, oops, he's gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar . [Screw] you. This isn't about slipping yourself an extra twenty dollars of Monopoly money. These are our lives. You went and broke our lives. You are so much worse than a cheater. You killed something. And you killed it when its back was turned" -David Levithan, The Lover's Dictionary I'm gonna get back to my Asperger's list tomorrow...but, I had something really interesting happen today...and I want to talk to ya'll about it... I've got a question for you... "Would you stay with your man if he cheated on you, and a baby was conce

Jj's Year of Coming of Age: Day 178- Spillin' Tea- Cussin Mad...And Tryin' To Forgive...

"I used to think that the worst thing in life  to end up alone.   It's not... The worst thing in life  is to end up with people  who make you feel alone. " -Robin Williams Pictured above...2013...My son Israel and I in our new home after 31/2 years of on again, off again homelessness. We were pretty stoked. Right now is truly one of the best times of my life...go figure. FINALLY...after all of the hurting, pain. suffering...sacrificing, fighting, surviving... darkness, confusion, fear...shame, depression, and loneliness...My dreams...my vision of what my life was always supposed to be, even as a little girl- is materializing and indubitably coming to pass. And while I should be over the moon- flipping cartwheels, not caring if the world sees my panty drawers, and skipping around singing the smurf song...happy as a pig in fresh poo...I'm not... Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful...beyond grateful...honored...humbled, and not taki

Happy New Year to ME! (Yes, I know that it's November...Don't judge me, you don't know my life)

"Because true belonging only happens when we present our authentic, imperfect selves to the world, our sense of belonging can never be greater than our level of self-acceptance. "  -Brene' Brown As you know (If you've been on this blogging journey with me for a while) November is when MY new year starts for some reason...I think it may have something to do with my biorhythms or something...but, major life changes ALWAYS happen for me starting in November. (I just moved back to NYC November 1st...this was not planned...I just happened to have a show here, and thought it would be a good time to do so...) So, although I know that we are 10 days into my New Year...this is day one of a new chapter in my blog (don't judge me, you don't know my life!) ... if you are new...welcome...fasten your seat belt, and enjoy the ride...I'll bring ya back! If you have been ridin' with me...lol...I hope you're not car sick...cuz, we are about to turn up t