Skip to main content

Jj's Year of Coming of Age- Day 93- Such is the Life of a Vision Hustler...

"Never. Never. Never. Give up." -Winston Churchill

I have learned over the years that disappointments, let downs, betrayals, misunderstandings, hiccups, and devastation happen...regardless of how much you plan...no matter how many precautions you take. It doesn't matter how talented, how gifted, well-liked, popular, wealthy, well-connected you are, or how good your intentions are...S*** happens. And it sucks...every time.

However, what I have also learned is...The old adages and cliches are certainly true:
It truly isn't how many times you fall...but, how many times you get up...
It really is true that everything does happen for a reason...
It also has been proven that tough times don't last, but tough people do...
In the midst of adversity...Your attitude really does determine your altitude.
It's okay to be bummed and cry...but, joy will come in the morning (even if that morning isn't necessarily the very next day...it WILL come.)
Good things fall apart, so better things can fall together.

Today...has been a doozy.
I was gut punched a few hours ago...and a project that I have worked on passionately and diligently- day and night, for the last 2 months has ground to an impasse. My heart certainly hurts, and many tears have been wiped from my eyes. Depression and self-pity knock at my door...but, they don't have a key, and once I cut an old "friend" off, they are not welcome back..so they will remain outside. Nevertheless, Today...I'm truly disappointed and could care less about who is to blame...I just know it hurts.

But, if I haven't learned anything about myself...I have learned that I am a fighter. I am a thriver and not just a mere survivor...I am the cream that rises to the top...and no matter what...I won't give up. I'ma make it...I always do...I've grieved today for a dream that I have worked hard to bring to pass, and because of matters beyond my control, has died in the womb before it could be born...but, I will try, try, and try again...Every time I venture forward and get knocked back...I learn something new...something that I wouldn't have been able to if I hadn't fallen to the ground...I always find some kind of nugget of gold, or even a beautiful diamond while I am down there. Failure is only a byproduct of someone who actually tries...and success only comes to those who take the risk to fail...

I will survive...
Tonight...I cry...
Tomorrow...I grind.
Such is the life of a vision hustler.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year to ME! (Yes, I know that it's November...Don't judge me, you don't know my life)

"Because true belonging only happens when we present our authentic, imperfect selves to the world, our sense of belonging can never be greater than our level of self-acceptance. "  -Brene' Brown As you know (If you've been on this blogging journey with me for a while) November is when MY new year starts for some reason...I think it may have something to do with my biorhythms or something...but, major life changes ALWAYS happen for me starting in November. (I just moved back to NYC November 1st...this was not planned...I just happened to have a show here, and thought it would be a good time to do so...) So, although I know that we are 10 days into my New Year...this is day one of a new chapter in my blog (don't judge me, you don't know my life!) ... if you are new...welcome...fasten your seat belt, and enjoy the ride...I'll bring ya back! If you have been ridin' with me...lol...I hope you're not car sick...cuz, we are about to turn up t

Jj's Year of Coming of Age: Day 178- Spillin' Tea- Cussin Mad...And Tryin' To Forgive...

"I used to think that the worst thing in life  to end up alone.   It's not... The worst thing in life  is to end up with people  who make you feel alone. " -Robin Williams Pictured above...2013...My son Israel and I in our new home after 31/2 years of on again, off again homelessness. We were pretty stoked. Right now is truly one of the best times of my life...go figure. FINALLY...after all of the hurting, pain. suffering...sacrificing, fighting, surviving... darkness, confusion, fear...shame, depression, and loneliness...My dreams...my vision of what my life was always supposed to be, even as a little girl- is materializing and indubitably coming to pass. And while I should be over the moon- flipping cartwheels, not caring if the world sees my panty drawers, and skipping around singing the smurf song...happy as a pig in fresh poo...I'm not... Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful...beyond grateful...honored...humbled, and not taki

JJ's Year of Destiny Day 278- THINK and Grow Stankin, Filthy Rich!

You wanna talk about money? Let's talk about money... You wanna talk about the uplifting of a people... Let's talk about that... Religion, God, Self-building, CERN, NWO agendas, Groupthink, Love (or lack there of), Familial Roles, Goals, Dreams, Aspirations, Fears, Hopes, Gentrification, Personality Types and Assessments, Orwell, Huxley, Business Development??? YES! YES! YES! Let's talk about ALL that...Housewives of wherever? The new Young Thug video? *sucks teeth* Miss me with that...I wanna flex my mind...walk away from a conversation titillated with intrigue, racing home,energized and pulsating to perform my own research...my brain cramping from the stretching, turning and lifting...come on, talk to me baby, please, take your time, make love to my mind. -jj thames.  It takes maturity to stop using other people's feedback as a sign that you are on the right track;And instead, develop the ability to spot inconsistencies, and be willing to call out tha