Skip to main content

Jj's Year of Coming of Age- Day 93 1/2- Life...Put Cha Dukes Up!!

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” 

-Winston Churchill

I know that some of you are wondering why I am posting so much...
well...I'm sharing my secret to how I get over life punching me in the face, and get over it rather quickly...

See...My life has not been a crystal stair. I have had WAY more failures than successes. (One recent big one- being diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome as an adult-seems like everybody knew...but me.) But, I'm a dreamer...a fearless visionary...the one that everyone looks at and shakes their heads and calls me a nutjob because I tend to see things on the horizon that everyone collectively agrees is not there. I admit, sometimes I take off running towards that pie in the sky, and I'm right on the money...others...the journey itself is the only prize to be won. When that happens...My eye tends to swell up, my lip bursts, and welts and bruises begin to show...life has once again handed me a royal beat down...today...was one of those days...I'm holding an ice pack to my third eye now...

However, due to me having the best father in the world (Pastor Joe Butts) who taught me at a very young age (and still tells me almost everyday- even at 34 years old) that "you can do anything that you put your mind to" and "If you can dream it, you can believe it, you can see it, you can achieve it"...and "Do not cast away your confidence"...I learned how to #encouragemyself in the dark times, and to pray and keep believing until the sun shines again.

As You can see earlier... I was having a hard time...(scroll down my timeline to the next picture of me looking all forlorn and puppyless) I posted that blurb after I had already experienced my complete snot bubble-nosed, silent wide open mouth, slob dripping, sitting on the floor, temper tantrum breakdown, and had begun to put myself back together...I spared ya'll that heart-wenching "why me Lawd???!!" soliloquy. It was pathetic.

Anyhoo...once I got pass the initial shock of disappointment (being suckerpunched via text message) and wanting to kick over somebody's bike...I prayed...and started to read about all the other successful people in the world, and the trials that they overcame to get to where they are...(many of which I shared with you), looked through pictures of my two boys (my motivation) and then I got still.

And the answer began to come...the light bulbs began to shine...and the clouds began to clear...I read autobiographies and biographies non-stop...like my daddy says..."there's nothing new under the sun" if you are going through it...somebody else already has...nothing is impossible to them that believe. And while reading the biography of Henry Ford...a peace came over my heart. There was my answer!

I am a strong believer in the "Law of Recognition" that states..." Everything that you need is already in your life merely awaiting your recognition of it." it goes on to state that "Anything unrecognized remains uncelebrated by you..." and "Anything you refuse to celebrate eventually exits your life...a gift, a miracle or a person."

When I looked around me...I realized that although things didn't go the way they were planned today...they are going the way that they need to go...and the answer was right in front of my face...merely waiting for me to recognize it...everything is going to work out....certainly, its all going to work out. Cause for a celebration, indeed.

#OnlyBelieve #PeopleAreInYourLifeForAReason 

#SomeForASeason #IfOnlyToTeachALesson#WhenYouFeelInYourHeartToRUN #RUN#DoNotPassGoDoNotCollect200Dollars#OpenYourEyesAndSeeTheAnswer #Motivation#StayFocusedMan #LifeIsButADream#ThinkThatsMyNextTattoo#EveryThingIsGonnaBeAlright #MyDaddysAG#ImaUnicorn #DoYouBelieveinMagic #IDo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jj's Year of Coming Of Age: Day 152- Spillin' the Tea -Part 3- Chronicles of the Sidechick Wife...Not a Typo.

livid, adj . [Screw] you for cheating on me. [Screw] you for reducing it to the word cheating. As if this were a card game, and you sneaked a look at my hand. Who came up with the term cheating , anyway? A cheater, I imagine. Someone who thought liar was too harsh. Someone who thought devastator was too emotional. The same person who thought, oops, he's gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar . [Screw] you. This isn't about slipping yourself an extra twenty dollars of Monopoly money. These are our lives. You went and broke our lives. You are so much worse than a cheater. You killed something. And you killed it when its back was turned" -David Levithan, The Lover's Dictionary I'm gonna get back to my Asperger's list tomorrow...but, I had something really interesting happen today...and I want to talk to ya'll about it... I've got a question for you... "Would you stay with your man if he cheated on you, and a baby was conce

Jj's Year of Coming of Age: Day 178- Spillin' Tea- Cussin Mad...And Tryin' To Forgive...

"I used to think that the worst thing in life  to end up alone.   It's not... The worst thing in life  is to end up with people  who make you feel alone. " -Robin Williams Pictured above...2013...My son Israel and I in our new home after 31/2 years of on again, off again homelessness. We were pretty stoked. Right now is truly one of the best times of my life...go figure. FINALLY...after all of the hurting, pain. suffering...sacrificing, fighting, surviving... darkness, confusion, fear...shame, depression, and loneliness...My dreams...my vision of what my life was always supposed to be, even as a little girl- is materializing and indubitably coming to pass. And while I should be over the moon- flipping cartwheels, not caring if the world sees my panty drawers, and skipping around singing the smurf song...happy as a pig in fresh poo...I'm not... Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful...beyond grateful...honored...humbled, and not taki

Happy New Year to ME! (Yes, I know that it's November...Don't judge me, you don't know my life)

"Because true belonging only happens when we present our authentic, imperfect selves to the world, our sense of belonging can never be greater than our level of self-acceptance. "  -Brene' Brown As you know (If you've been on this blogging journey with me for a while) November is when MY new year starts for some reason...I think it may have something to do with my biorhythms or something...but, major life changes ALWAYS happen for me starting in November. (I just moved back to NYC November 1st...this was not planned...I just happened to have a show here, and thought it would be a good time to do so...) So, although I know that we are 10 days into my New Year...this is day one of a new chapter in my blog (don't judge me, you don't know my life!) ... if you are new...welcome...fasten your seat belt, and enjoy the ride...I'll bring ya back! If you have been ridin' with me...lol...I hope you're not car sick...cuz, we are about to turn up t