Skip to main content

I Ain't Perfect...

9:00am
"Okay...im NOT going to sin today...today is going to be a great day."
9:03am-I sinned*
"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid!
What's wrong with me???
Why can't I get it right?
Why am I such a mess up?
It's hopeless...I want to do right...I just dont. God could never be happy with me...maybe I'm just not capable of living upright for God. Am I cursed?"
Once upon a time, this was my internal conversation when I would read scriptures like 2 Chronicles 16:9
that basically states that: God looks for those whose hearts are perfect or blameless toward Him. My heart was a garbage dump, and I knew it, and my life was a cesspool of sin. I was anything but what I thought was "perfect and blameless." I felt like a failure...and didn't know how to fix it. The more I tried to be "perfect" the more messed up I was. I was miserable. Kinda like Paul was... (read Romans 7:15-25)
That was until I learned what a "blameless and perfect heart" really was...When I did...it set me free. Afterall, right believing...leads to right living. In all your getting...get an understanding. (Proverbs 4:7)
What does it mean to have a perfect or blameless heart? Well...I can start out with what it DOESN'T mean...it does NOT mean to "perform" perfectly (thank God); it means to have a heartfelt desire to do right and to please God. It means that you walk after the Spirit (depending on God) and not after the flesh (depending on yourself).
People who have a perfect heart truly love God, though themselves might not be perfect. They may still have things in their flesh to deal with (both my hands raised). They may say things that they should not say, make mistakes or lose tempers. But WHEN they do, they are QUICK to repent and make things right with God again, if they have offended someone, they will humble themselves and apologize.
If we have perfect hearts toward God, he counts us as perfect and works with us while that perfection becomes more and more real in our lives. There are many people with right hearts, and those are the ones God uses...keep working on things you need to work on in your life, and while you are at it. Keep a perfect heart towards God. (Depending on Him...not on you.)
When you fail (and you will) that does not mean that you are a failure. It simply means that you dont do everything right. We all have to accept the fact that we have strengths along with weaknesses;let Him be your Strength on your weak days. If you are waiting for the victory in an area and you haven't yet seen it, rather than feeling condemned about it, be patient. Do not receive condemnation; walk in the spirit. (Depend on God) THATS what makes your heart perfect! ‪#‎workinprogress‬‪#‎keeponkeepinon‬ ‪#‎ishallnotbemoved‬ ‪#‎hisgraceissufficient‬ ‪#‎happygirljj‬‪#‎ohhowhelovesyouandme‬ ‪#‎ainthegood‬
"For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole Earth to show Himself strong on the behalf of those whose hearts are blameless towards Him." 2 Chronicles 16:9
"So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jj's Year of Coming of Age: Day 178- Spillin' Tea- Cussin Mad...And Tryin' To Forgive...

"I used to think that the worst thing in life  to end up alone.   It's not... The worst thing in life  is to end up with people  who make you feel alone. " -Robin Williams Pictured above...2013...My son Israel and I in our new home after 31/2 years of on again, off again homelessness. We were pretty stoked. Right now is truly one of the best times of my life...go figure. FINALLY...after all of the hurting, pain. suffering...sacrificing, fighting, surviving... darkness, confusion, fear...shame, depression, and loneliness...My dreams...my vision of what my life was always supposed to be, even as a little girl- is materializing and indubitably coming to pass. And while I should be over the moon- flipping cartwheels, not caring if the world sees my panty drawers, and skipping around singing the smurf song...happy as a pig in fresh poo...I'm not... Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful...beyond grateful...honored...humbled, and not taki

Happy New Year to ME! (Yes, I know that it's November...Don't judge me, you don't know my life)

"Because true belonging only happens when we present our authentic, imperfect selves to the world, our sense of belonging can never be greater than our level of self-acceptance. "  -Brene' Brown As you know (If you've been on this blogging journey with me for a while) November is when MY new year starts for some reason...I think it may have something to do with my biorhythms or something...but, major life changes ALWAYS happen for me starting in November. (I just moved back to NYC November 1st...this was not planned...I just happened to have a show here, and thought it would be a good time to do so...) So, although I know that we are 10 days into my New Year...this is day one of a new chapter in my blog (don't judge me, you don't know my life!) ... if you are new...welcome...fasten your seat belt, and enjoy the ride...I'll bring ya back! If you have been ridin' with me...lol...I hope you're not car sick...cuz, we are about to turn up t

Jj's Year of Coming Of Age: Day 152- Spillin' the Tea -Part 3- Chronicles of the Sidechick Wife...Not a Typo.

livid, adj . [Screw] you for cheating on me. [Screw] you for reducing it to the word cheating. As if this were a card game, and you sneaked a look at my hand. Who came up with the term cheating , anyway? A cheater, I imagine. Someone who thought liar was too harsh. Someone who thought devastator was too emotional. The same person who thought, oops, he's gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar . [Screw] you. This isn't about slipping yourself an extra twenty dollars of Monopoly money. These are our lives. You went and broke our lives. You are so much worse than a cheater. You killed something. And you killed it when its back was turned" -David Levithan, The Lover's Dictionary I'm gonna get back to my Asperger's list tomorrow...but, I had something really interesting happen today...and I want to talk to ya'll about it... I've got a question for you... "Would you stay with your man if he cheated on you, and a baby was conce