Skip to main content

Beauty For Ashes



One of the worst experiences one can have is...being manipulated, deliberately mistreated and outright used by someone you love. It's a deep mental and emotional hurt which can psychosomatically become a physical pain that I wouldn't wish on anyone.
The smile that you see is one that has taken much prayer and crying out to God to produce. Many days all I wanted to do was draw the curtains, roll up in a ball...and wish to die...or for Jesus to break the sky...which ever would come first. I would stay in my "prayer closet" hidden away from everybody and everything until I could press into God's Presence and get the peace, joy, strength, love, and hope that I needed just to walk out of the door and face the day...everyday.
Depression, weariness and heaviness attempted to drown me, and was always close by if I so decided to grant it an audience...despite all of the great friends that I have...and those who love me, and are always praying for me...I felt so alone. Rejected...Abandoned...unloved...unwanted...broken...thrown away...
Yet...I fought to love, to turn the other cheek...to give despite being taken from...to pray without ceasing...to hope...to believe the best even when the worst was all that I got in return...to forgive...(over and over and over again)...ultimately to be a good Christian...until it was finally clear that the journey was over...despite my best efforts and prayers for a miracle. God said "No."
In this season of my life...I'm feeling a whole lot of things that are coming to the surface that I didn't even realize was there. Anger, rage, bitterness, resentment...Although the feelings are merited...they aren't healthy, unless processed and released.
I REFUSE to be a bitter, angry, resentful, untrusting, damaged, guarded, jaded, cynical woman. My test- again, as everything else in my life...will become my testimony...and my mess...my message.
I was handed lemons...and tried to make lemonade, not realizing that the lemons were rotten. No matter how much you try to sprinkle sugar on feces...it's still feces. Once I finally saw that I had become a proud owner of a beautiful crystal pitcher full of well..."used" toilet water...I realized that I had been bamboozled...and I was mad...As hell.
But, I deceived myself into denial...thinking that I was "aye okay"...I wasnt. Convincing myself that my tumble down the hill of my dreams didn't hurt... it did. And I was peturbed. Wracked with seething anger that was slowly working it's way into my heart, and morphing into dark hatred. I was in danger.
It took a person who loves me...and that is full of godly wisdom to say..." hey sweetheart, yes...The situation sucks. You've endured things that no one ever should have to...you were done wrong...but...you have to reject that bitterness and anger, take it to the cross, leave it there...and allow God to heal your wounds- or it will destroy you.God will fight your battles. He will avenge you, and prepare a table for you before your enemies. He will repay you for your tears, restore what was lost, give you double for your trouble and beauty for ashes. Get in His Presence...seek Him will all your heart...Give the injustice, and all the hurt from it to Him...He loves you, He wants to kiss your boo boo and make it alright. He always takes care of His own."
Why am I sharing this with you? Because I want you to know that you are not alone. You are not the only one who has been betrayed, thrown thrown to the side, abused, taken for granted, or hoodwinked. We all have our hurdles to jump over. Please don't look at my smiling pictures with envy in your heart. I have hurts too...and I work at it daily to embrace God's joy. Although I am not completely out of the storm...it's a day by day, moment by moment process...Its a daily decision to FORGIVE...even when I dont wanna. I encourage you to do the same.
I make myself go to the throne room (sometimes it hurts so badly that I cant walk...and must crawl)But, it's only in God's Presence, I am content. It is only because of His promises that I find joy, peace...and rest. I trust and rely on Him. Those who I love may fail me...but He never will. I trust Him, his love for me...and the plan that He has for my life. I don't understand this doozy...but, I know that He has a good plan for me...and it is all working together for my good. No matter what people may have planned to harm me. I am safe in His arms.
The smile is real...The joy is real...The peace...is real...but, please don't ever think that it's not work to have it. We labor to enter His rest...and to stay in it. And He promises to handle the rest...Let Him have it...your destruction is not worth it. Let. It. GO! Put your eyes on Him...rely on Him and His promises. nothing else matters. HE will give you peace despite the storm. HE WILL GIVE YOU REST. (Hebrews 4) ‪#‎tellyouwhatiknow‬‪#‎goditrustyou‬ ‪#‎workinprogress‬ ‪#‎itsokaytofeel‬ ‪#‎dontletthefeelingsruleyou‬‪#‎takeittothecross‬ ‪#‎beautyforashes‬
‪#‎happygirljj‬ ‪#‎despiteitall‬

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year to ME! (Yes, I know that it's November...Don't judge me, you don't know my life)

"Because true belonging only happens when we present our authentic, imperfect selves to the world, our sense of belonging can never be greater than our level of self-acceptance. "  -Brene' Brown As you know (If you've been on this blogging journey with me for a while) November is when MY new year starts for some reason...I think it may have something to do with my biorhythms or something...but, major life changes ALWAYS happen for me starting in November. (I just moved back to NYC November 1st...this was not planned...I just happened to have a show here, and thought it would be a good time to do so...) So, although I know that we are 10 days into my New Year...this is day one of a new chapter in my blog (don't judge me, you don't know my life!) ... if you are new...welcome...fasten your seat belt, and enjoy the ride...I'll bring ya back! If you have been ridin' with me...lol...I hope you're not car sick...cuz, we are about to turn up t

Jj's Year of Coming of Age: Day 178- Spillin' Tea- Cussin Mad...And Tryin' To Forgive...

"I used to think that the worst thing in life  to end up alone.   It's not... The worst thing in life  is to end up with people  who make you feel alone. " -Robin Williams Pictured above...2013...My son Israel and I in our new home after 31/2 years of on again, off again homelessness. We were pretty stoked. Right now is truly one of the best times of my life...go figure. FINALLY...after all of the hurting, pain. suffering...sacrificing, fighting, surviving... darkness, confusion, fear...shame, depression, and loneliness...My dreams...my vision of what my life was always supposed to be, even as a little girl- is materializing and indubitably coming to pass. And while I should be over the moon- flipping cartwheels, not caring if the world sees my panty drawers, and skipping around singing the smurf song...happy as a pig in fresh poo...I'm not... Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful...beyond grateful...honored...humbled, and not taki

Jj's Year of Coming Of Age: Day 152- Spillin' the Tea -Part 3- Chronicles of the Sidechick Wife...Not a Typo.

livid, adj . [Screw] you for cheating on me. [Screw] you for reducing it to the word cheating. As if this were a card game, and you sneaked a look at my hand. Who came up with the term cheating , anyway? A cheater, I imagine. Someone who thought liar was too harsh. Someone who thought devastator was too emotional. The same person who thought, oops, he's gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar . [Screw] you. This isn't about slipping yourself an extra twenty dollars of Monopoly money. These are our lives. You went and broke our lives. You are so much worse than a cheater. You killed something. And you killed it when its back was turned" -David Levithan, The Lover's Dictionary I'm gonna get back to my Asperger's list tomorrow...but, I had something really interesting happen today...and I want to talk to ya'll about it... I've got a question for you... "Would you stay with your man if he cheated on you, and a baby was conce