Skip to main content

Jj's Year of Coming of Age- Day 137- The Smell and Taste of Meat has Begun to Make Me Gag...Again...and No...I'm Not Pregnant.



"I think of dieting, then I eat pizza."
- Lara Stone

Welp! 1 month left before my completely vegan life begins...(or resumes...depending on how you look at it). 

I'm slowly eradicating animal products from my diet...it's funny how things come back around full circle...I started eating meat and dairy at 17 by my doctors advice (pregnancy with my 1st son)...I wouldn't agree to that advice now...but, now at 34...I'm done having babies, and I'm finding myself going back to my original diet.

My mother began a vegan lifestyle when she was in her early 20s because of cancer markers. She actually beat cancer twice with natural treatment...So...I grew up with certain dietary restrictions and being taught about food and it's relation to our overall well being. I've never eaten pork or shellfish...but, beef, freshwater fish, and chicken did become a part of my diet.

Fortunately, I have been blessed to not have ever experienced any health problems. However, I have struggled with my weight since the birth of my last son at 26. I am not a big meat lover or anything...and I focus on true organic and non-GMO products and consume at least a gallon of water everyday...but, call it a hunch...it's time for a drastic change. A change that I believe will last for the rest of my life. I have mulled it over for a long time, (so it's not a flippant fly by night decision or according to fads or trends) and feel like it's time for me to get ALL processed foods (including sugars), and animal products out of my diet. I have also read research that removing certain things from your diet also helps with autism/Aspergers. HUGE bonus!!

Last year I COMPLETELY stopped smoking (a half to a full pack a day habit) and SIGNIFICANTLY reduced my 2-5+ alcoholic beverage a day habit as well. (Now I MIGHT consume a glass or two of red wine every couple of weeks. I've had a couple party *turn up* days...but, nothing in comparison to my old rockstar lifestyle.) I had too many addicts in my family to ever try the hard drug route...I stayed as far away from them as I could...so nothing to combat there, praise Jesus.

I'm down about 20 lbs...just with the few changes that I have made. And, im proud of each one of those little 20 lbs. They weren't a breeze to get off...but I did. And I'm proud of that. Now...I want the rest off...I mean ALL of it! Not just because I want to look a certain way...(which I do...don't get me wrong...I must be part of the 50 and fine club) but, because I want to FEEL a certain way...and I've worked damn hard to get to where I am in my career...and have some REALLY BIG plans for the rest of 2017 and 2018...I want to live to see it...and to be healthy and thriving while I do! I don't have any health issues, and I aim to keep it that way! (Personally, I contribute it to my healthy beginnings-thanks to my parents...because for the last 15 years or so...I've definitely done some damage...)

Why am I sharing all of this? One...because I want to put it out in the Universe. From my lips to Gods ears. Words have power, and as long as a goal is a secret one...it has no accountability, and usually will not come to pass. Two...because I'm sure you will see my timeline change a bit...with all of my vegan posts, recipes , articles, pictures of my progress and whatnot...so just wanted to give you a heads up as to why...and Three...of course to motivate others...to show that...we all have a journey when it comes to properly taking care of our bodies. I know people that work out 7 days a week, but every time I see them post something about food...their choices make me cringe. I know people who eat what they view as "healthy" or what media projects as a healthy diet, and are young, thin, beautiful and constantly in the gym...but they are quietly dealing with cancer, high cholesterol, strokes and heart attacks. Usually because of their FOOD and HEALTH product consumption!

I was taught at a very young age that it's not just what YOU eat...but, what you eat IS EATING! What you put ON your body is also a big deal (the largest organ you have is your skin...and it absorbs into your other major organs within minutes.) There's so much that we can avoid, fix, repair and improve in our lives with our diets...I'm not here to lecture anyone...but to let people know that I'm doing something about my own personal journey...and if it helps or motivates someone else to take a look at their own...I'm satiated. I'll update soon...it's going to be interesting...a HUGE life change! But, I'm ready!! 💓💓💓take care of you!! ❤️ 

💓jj

#Vegan #CleanEating #TakingCareofYourself ##LivingFood #PlantBasedFoods #VeganRecipies #VeganLife #GlutenFree #DairyFree #WeightLossJourney 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jj's Year of Coming of Age: Day 178- Spillin' Tea- Cussin Mad...And Tryin' To Forgive...

"I used to think that the worst thing in life  to end up alone.   It's not... The worst thing in life  is to end up with people  who make you feel alone. " -Robin Williams Pictured above...2013...My son Israel and I in our new home after 31/2 years of on again, off again homelessness. We were pretty stoked. Right now is truly one of the best times of my life...go figure. FINALLY...after all of the hurting, pain. suffering...sacrificing, fighting, surviving... darkness, confusion, fear...shame, depression, and loneliness...My dreams...my vision of what my life was always supposed to be, even as a little girl- is materializing and indubitably coming to pass. And while I should be over the moon- flipping cartwheels, not caring if the world sees my panty drawers, and skipping around singing the smurf song...happy as a pig in fresh poo...I'm not... Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful...beyond grateful...honored...humbled, and not taki

Jj's Year of Coming Of Age: Day 152- Spillin' the Tea -Part 3- Chronicles of the Sidechick Wife...Not a Typo.

livid, adj . [Screw] you for cheating on me. [Screw] you for reducing it to the word cheating. As if this were a card game, and you sneaked a look at my hand. Who came up with the term cheating , anyway? A cheater, I imagine. Someone who thought liar was too harsh. Someone who thought devastator was too emotional. The same person who thought, oops, he's gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar . [Screw] you. This isn't about slipping yourself an extra twenty dollars of Monopoly money. These are our lives. You went and broke our lives. You are so much worse than a cheater. You killed something. And you killed it when its back was turned" -David Levithan, The Lover's Dictionary I'm gonna get back to my Asperger's list tomorrow...but, I had something really interesting happen today...and I want to talk to ya'll about it... I've got a question for you... "Would you stay with your man if he cheated on you, and a baby was conce

Happy New Year to ME! (Yes, I know that it's November...Don't judge me, you don't know my life)

"Because true belonging only happens when we present our authentic, imperfect selves to the world, our sense of belonging can never be greater than our level of self-acceptance. "  -Brene' Brown As you know (If you've been on this blogging journey with me for a while) November is when MY new year starts for some reason...I think it may have something to do with my biorhythms or something...but, major life changes ALWAYS happen for me starting in November. (I just moved back to NYC November 1st...this was not planned...I just happened to have a show here, and thought it would be a good time to do so...) So, although I know that we are 10 days into my New Year...this is day one of a new chapter in my blog (don't judge me, you don't know my life!) ... if you are new...welcome...fasten your seat belt, and enjoy the ride...I'll bring ya back! If you have been ridin' with me...lol...I hope you're not car sick...cuz, we are about to turn up t